If your campaign is raising money in US Dollars, Canadian Dollars or British Pound, you will be able to raise money through PayPal or through credit card. Flexible funding campaigns can decide whether to enable contributions through one or both methods during the campaign creation process. You can change your payment methods at any time during your campaign.
Please note that Fixed Funding campaigns can only select PayPal as a payment option.
Depending on how your campaign is set up, your payment options may be pre-set. Please see our Help Center article on Payment Types for details on other payment type restrictions.
How to set your payment methods
- Log in to your Indiegogo account
- Go to your campaign home page
- Click the "Edit Campaign" in your campaign's toolbar
- Click on the fourth tab "Get Funded!"
- Under the "How You Get Funded" section, check the box next to Direct Credit Card and/or PayPal to select how you'd like to receive contributions
- If you select 'PayPal', you will be prompted for your PayPal account email address and name. Make sure that you enter these exactly as they appear on your PayPal account settings. We will instantly verify whether or not your account exists in PayPal. If we are unable to verify your account, an alert will appear notifying you of the issue. You will not be able to receive funds until after your PayPal account is fully set up.
- Next, sign into your PayPal account and make sure that you meet all of the requirements to receive funds on Indiegogo. For more information on how to set up your PayPal account, please visit: How To Set Up A PayPal Account
- Finally, you need to share your bank account information with Indiegogo:
- On the 'Get Funded!' tab, scroll down to "Bank Information"
- Provide all information about your bank. You may need to call your bank to verify that the information you have provided is correct
- Your bank account number will be immediately encrypted, for your protection
- Enter a phone number, in case we need to get in touch with you
- For more information on how to set up your bank account, please visit: Bank Account Set-Up. You will not be prompted to provide your bank account information until your campaign has received its first contribution via direct credit card. If you are running a Fixed Funding campaign, you will only be able to offer PayPal as a payment option for your contributors.
- Click Save
The disbursement process will differ for contributions that come through PayPal vs. direct credit card. For more information about disbursements, please visit: Disbursements: When Do I Get My Money?
For more information about payment types, including a comparison of how and when you will receive contributions made via PayPal vs. direct credit card, please visit: Payment Types