Once you have successfully raised money for your campaign, you may be wondering when you will receive your contributions. Once you have received your first contribution, you can view your raised funds on the Funds tab of your campaign Dashboard.
Three Ways to Receive Money
Indiegogo sends money in three different ways:
- ACH or Wire bank transfer
The timing and method by which you will receive money depends on how your campaign receives contributions. All contributions received through PayPal will be sent to your PayPal account. All contributions you receive via credit card will be sent to your bank account. All contributions received through FirstGiving will be disbursed directly to the linked 501(c)(3) organization.
How your funds are disbursed may also differ if your campaign is connected to one of our Partners, such as Fractured Atlas, San Francisco Film Society, or Gründer-Garage. We recommend reviewing our Help Center article associated with your specific organization to find out if your disbursement process may differ: Fiscal Sponsorships & Partners
For Flexible Funding campaigns, contributions made through PayPal are sent to your PayPal account instantly. You will receive a disbursement confirmation from PayPal with each contribution. After the contribution has been sent, your PayPal account will be charged our 9% platform fee by Indiegogo.
If you meet your goal and raised funds through PayPal, we will refund 5% of your campaign's total PayPal funds so that your net platform fee is only 4%. That refund will be sent directly to your PayPal account within 10 business days after your campaign deadline.
For Fixed Funding campaigns, contributions via PayPal are disbursed to your PayPal account as a lump sum after your campaign meets your funding goal. It may take up to 5 business days for the funds to transfer to your PayPal account. When the funds are sent to your PayPal account, they will arrive less Indiegogo's 4% platform fee. All additional PayPal transactions made past your campaign's funding goal are disbursed individually the moment the contribution is made, less Indiegogo's 4% platform fee and PayPal's processing fees.
2. Direct Credit Card:
Contributions made by credit card are held until your campaign's deadline and then sent as a lump sum (minus fees) to your bank account via ACH (Automatic Clearing House) or International Wire transfer. Disbursements can take up to 15 business days after your campaign's deadline for the funds to arrive in your bank account, assuming that your bank account information is complete and accurate. You will receive a confirmation email from Indiegogo on the day that your disbursement is sent.
If your funds have not arrived within 10 business days of the disbursement date, the disbursement may have been rejected due to incorrect bank information. We are typically notified within 5 - 9 days after the disbursement date, at which point we will ask the campaign owner to resubmit their bank account information. If you have not received funds or a rejection notification within 10 days of the disbursement date, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To avoid a disbursement rejection and to ensure timely receipt, please make sure your bank account details are complete and up to date before your campaign deadline. For detailed instructions on how to edit your bank account information, please review the following Help Center article: Bank Account Set-Up.
Your first disbursement is always made via check to the address provided in the IRS file.
You can continue to receive payments via check or as we strongly encourage, sign up to receive your funds more frequently via EFT.
The benefits of EFT include:
- Donations received more frequently
- Direct settlement into a valid bank account
- No risk of returned/undeliverable checks
- If your nonprofit would like to begin receiving funds through a weekly electronic funds transfer, pleasedownload the form for set-up instructions.
- EFT payments over $100 are processed on a weekly basis for the previous week’s donations.
- Any EFT payments under that amount are issued mid month.
- EFT disbursements are processed by FirstGiving internally.
- FirstGiving consistently maintains PCI DSS Level 1 certification and stores any sensitive nonprofit and donor information using the highest levels of encryption and tokenization.
- Checks disbursements are done on the Thursday closest to the 15th of each month, for the previous month’s donations
- FirstGiving works with a trusted partner for check issuing. Processing time can take up to two business days.
- The date of issue on each check is the date that each check is actually mailed from BillTrust to the appropriate nonprofit organization.
If your nonprofit campaign meets its funding goal, your organization will receive your campaign's completion bonus after your campaign deadline.