Backers have many questions about Indiegogo, campaigns, and perks. We've listed answers to many of the most frequently asked Backer questions, here.
- What is the status of my perk? When will it ship?
- How can I contact the campaign owner?
- The campaign owner doesn't respond to my emails. What can I do?
- How do I change my perk selection?
- Where can I find my Contribution Details?
- What does "Locked" mean on my contribution status?
- How do I edit my shipping information?
- How do I request a refund?
- Is my contribution tax deductible?
- Can I get an invoice for my contribution?
Each campaign is run by the individual campaign owner who is solely in charge of distributing any perks offered. So if you have any questions about when they expect to ship your perk, we recommend you get in touch with the campaign owner directly to ask about shipping dates.
You can send a message to the campaigner by clicking the Contact link on your Contribution Details page. You can also reach out through the campaign page by doing the following:
- Log into your Indiegogo account (if necessary, you can set a password here)
- Go to the campaign page, and click on the 'Ask a question' link, located below the campaigner's name
- Type your message in the field
- Ensure you check the 'I am not a robot' box and/or complete the captcha as listed
- Click 'Send Message' and see confirmation the message was sent
The campaign owner will receive an email notification of your message, and can choose to reply to the email thread
While perk offers are made and managed solely by campaign owners, Indiegogo expects campaigners to communicate regularly with their contributors. We are sorry if this is not the case with a campaign you've backed. Here's what we recommend you do:
- Visit the campaign owner's social media channels and website and contact them through these channels. Sometimes campaign owners focus their efforts on these channels.
- Review the Campaign's Updates Tab for up-to-date info from the Campaigner.
- Contact Indiegogo Support to let them know that this campaign owner is unresponsive. Indiegogo cannot mediate disputes, but we will remind the campaigner of their responsibilities.
- For more tips, please see this article.
If you have any questions about the perk you claimed or would like to let the campaign owner know details of your perk, we recommend you contact the campaigner directly.
You can view your Contribution Details on your Individual Profile on Indiegogo by following these steps:
- Go to www.indiegogo.com and log in from the upper right corner
- Enter the email address that you have used for your contribution (if necessary, you can set a password here) and log in
- Click your name in the top right corner
- Click 'My Contributions' from the drop-down menu
- Under the name of the perk, click where it says 'View Contribution Details'
A status of "Locked" means that the campaigner has locked this contribution so no further edits can be made. We typically see contributions locked by campaigners when they need to finalize addresses for shipping and/or have to send a final number of perks to their manufacturers.
If you need to make any changes to this contribution- including editing your shipping address, phone number, or to request a refund- please contact the campaign owner directly.
If your contribution status is listed as "Placed," you can change the shipping address and phone number for this perk on your Profile's Contributions tab. Here's how to do it:
- Login to Indiegogo
- Click on your name on the upper-right hand corner of the page
- Click on 'My Contributions'
- Find the perk you'd like to change your address on and click on 'View Contribution Details'
- Click on the 'Edit Shipping Address' button on the left side of the contribution,
- Complete the changes you need to make to the address, and be sure to click 'Save'
You can refund eligible contributions by following these steps:
- Login to your Indiegogo account (if necessary, you can set a password here) and click your name, in the top right corner
- Select 'My Contributions'
- Find the contribution you'd like to refund and click 'View Contribution Details'
- Click the 'Request Refund' button
Once you've initiated the refund, it can take up to 5 business days until the refund is reflected on your account statement, depending on the policy of your bank or financial institution.
Please note that if you do not see the Request Refund button on that page, your contribution is not eligible for a refund on our platform. In this case you should contact the campaign owner by using the Contact link on the contribution details page.
Learn more about our Refund Policy here.
Contributing to a crowdfunding campaign is not the same as donating to a charity, and most contributions are not eligible to receive a tax receipt. The only contributions which may be tax-deductible are if if the specific campaign to which you contributed is run by or fiscally sponsored by a 501(c)(3) registered nonprofit. Most campaigns found on Indiegogo are not run by nonprofit organizations or through a fiscal sponsor.
However, if you'd like to determine if the campaign to which you contributed is run by a fiscally sponsored organization and is able to issue tax receipts, please take a moment to review the campaign's story to see if any nonprofit is involved in the running of the campaign, or if they otherwise mention tax-receipts. If so, we recommend that you contact the campaign owner directly to find out if the campaign you are contributing to has been fiscally sponsored by a nonprofit organization.
Any tax receipts would come from the campaign's fiscal sponsor directly, rather than from Indiegogo.
Perks are offers made and managed solely by the Campaign Owner. As such, Indiegogo does not provide receipts or invoices beyond the contribution confirmation email that you should have received after your transaction.
If you would like an official invoice for your transaction, we recommend contacting the campaign owner to see if they are issuing invoices or can create one for you.