Indiegogo allows campaign owners to add tracking numbers to their Perks Claimed & Donations Dashboard to help both campaigners and backers follow the fulfillment process.
How do I add tracking numbers?
You can add tracking numbers two ways. To add tracking information for all your perks in a batch, do the following:
- Visit your Campaign Dashboard and select the Perks Claimed & Donations tab.
- Once you've downloaded your CSV, you should see columns where you can enter your shipping carrier and tracking numbers. Enter this information for each contribution and save.
- Import your completed file back into your Perks Claimed & Donations tab.
- If your upload is successful, you'll see a 'CSV Imported Successfully' notification. If you receive an error message, review the error and revise your CSV as needed.
- The Tracking column in the dashboard will list the name of your shipping carrier and the tracking number.
You can also add tracking information to individual contributions.
- Click on the contribution number to go to the Contribution Details page
- On the right side of the page, click 'Add' under the 'Shipping Information' section
- Fill in the 'Carrier' and 'Tracking Number' fields and click 'Save'
How should I format my tracking info?
You should format your carrier names the way they are listed on EasyPost's site. Search for the "String Representation" column and follow the provided guidelines. Format your tracking numbers exactly the way your carrier does. Make sure you double check your formatting before you import your file to your dashboard in order to prevent errors in your tracking info.
If your tracking numbers are appearing in scientific notation (ex. 9.25082E+11), this is caused by opening a CSV file in applications like Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets where they may automatically reformat the numbers. To avoid this, you can set the format of the Tracking Number column to "Text" before they are changed to scientific notation. Unfortunately, once the numbers are changed to scientific notation, there is nothing we can do to change them back.
What does 'Unrecognized' mean?
If you upload your CSV and see an 'Unrecognized' label in the Tracking Info column, this means that you are using a carrier EasyPost does not recognize. Your backers will still be able to see their tracking info, but it will not be linked to an EasyPost tracking page. In order to have the EasyPost link, you must use one of EasyPost's eligible carriers listed here.
What does 'Invalid' mean?
If you see 'Invalid' in the Tracking Info column, that means that EasyPost is unable to validate the tracking number provided. Your backers will still be able to see their tracking info, but it will not be linked to an EasyPost tracking page. Please check your information to ensure there are no typos in the tracking number or carrier. Remember, your carrier must be formatted per EasyPost's guidelines.
Contributions in Errors tab cannot be moved to another tab. If the contributions are manually moved to Fulfilled status, they will still appear in the Errors tab of the dashboard.
How do I correct tracking numbers?
You can correct individual numbers on the Contribution Details page. You can also correct invalid numbers on your CSV and reimport the entire completed file. To edit a valid tracking number, you will first need to move the Contribution Status to "Placed".
To move these contributions to a different state:
- View the "Fulfilled" tab
- Select the contributions you'd like to move
- Click "Move to" to select the destination of these checked contributions
After changing the Contribution Status to "Placed" you may edit your tracking numbers.
Do backers get notified when I add tracking numbers?
Yes! Your backers will be notified via email as soon as a valid tracking number is added to their contribution. The email will include their tracking information and their contribution details. They will also be able to see the tracking information on their Contribution Details page. Again, double checking your tracking numbers before importing them into your dashboard is extremely important. You don't want your backers to receive the wrong information!