GIFs can't be added to your campaign using the Insert Image button, unlike other types of image files. However, you can still use animated GIFs in your campaign. To do so, you'll first need to have your GIF hosted on a private server or 3rd party hosting site. Once you have the link to your GIF, you can add it through your campaign draft's HTML.
You can view the HTML version by clicking the Source button on the far right of your editing toolbar. Once you have the link to your GIF, click where in your text you'd like it appear. As an example, I'll use the link to this GIF: http://p6.zdassets.com/hc/theme_assets/44946/1685/axent.gif
After you've clicked where in the text you'd like your GIF to appear, add the link by using the following code:
Click Source again to return to the regular editing view and then Save Changes.
The GIF will appear on your campaign page and will play automatically.
A few things to remember:
- Your GIF url MUST end in .gif or you image will not appear correctly
- Remember to put a space in between img and src in your code
- Click Source to return to the regular, non-HTML editing view before you save or your changes will be lost
- Note that many hosting sites like imgur, Giphy, or Photobucket do not allow 3rd party hosting without a paid account
- For any other image troubleshooting, please see this article