While running a campaign on Indiegogo, you may receive messages from outside consulting firms offering services for your campaign.
While some of these services are legitimate, others can fall short of their advertised benefits. For this reason, we encourage campaign owners to use their best judgment when evaluating these offers from outside consulting services. Since Indiegogo is not affiliated with any external consulting services, we’re unable to verify the merit or legitimacy of advertised offers.
Examples of services that outside firms might offer may include the following:
• offering to raise a campaign’s gogofactor or browse position
• promoting a campaign through social media
• offering press release writing services
• leaving comments on your campaign for a fee
If you do believe a service provided by an outside firm can benefit your campaign, we suggest asking the company to provide recommendations from other campaign owners and examples of how they have added value to other campaigns.
When considering hiring outside help for your crowdfunding campaign, we suggest that campaign owners ask themselves the following questions:
- Does your team already have the skills outside firms are offering?
- How much are the services offered worth to your campaign? Does the advertised price match this expectation?
- Is the price of the service offered a significant fraction of your goal? If so, are you confident that you will stand to benefit from allocating your resources to external consulting services?
We recommend you take a look at our Education Center for advice on promoting and running your campaign.