Campaigners can manage their campaign through their campaign's dashboard. On your campaign's dashboard, located under the "Perks Claimed & Donations" tab, you will find an interactive system to simplify the perk fulfillment process.
Access Backer Details
All of the information that you need to send your perks is located on the 'Perks Claimed & Donations' tab on your campaign's dashboard.
To navigate there:
- Log in to Indiegogo and visit your Campaign Page
- Select 'Dashboard,' on the sidebar of your campaign page.
- Select 'Perks Claimed & Donations' from the sidebar
The Perks Claimed & Donations tab includes:
- Contribution Numbers
- Date of the Transaction
- Perks claimed
- Names and email addresses of your Backers
- Shipping addresses (if applicable)
Additional information is available on the individual contribution details page (click on the Contribution Number for the transaction you'd like to view), as well as by downloading the CSV of all contributions on your campaign.
Export Backer Details as CSV
Campaign owners also have the ability to generate CSV files of all their Backers, as well as CSV files for their filtered selections of contributions. You can export your CSV files as an Excel File, Google Doc, or other application to manage your supporters.
Tip: Use your CSV file to set up a "Mail Merge" to quickly send emails to all of your Backers. You can set up different email templates for each Perk level. This is a good way for campaigns with a large number of Backers to quickly deliver perks or thank-you notes.
Have a lot of backers and want to gather only a subset, or search for a specific backer? No problem!
- The Perks Claimed & Donations Tab allows you to easily filter your contributions by perk or shipping country.
- You can also search for individual backers by email or backer name.
- You can easily export either your complete list or just a filtered set of backers.
Manage Perk Specifics
If you need specific information from each backer about perk fulfillment (e.g. t-shirt size), we recommend getting in contact with them directly. For information on how to find your Backers' information, please visit our article: Backer Contact Information
Keep track of Fulfillment Status by contribution.
To keep track of the various stages for each contribution, you easily move contributions from "Placed" to "Locked" or "Fulfilled" based on a contribution's current Fulfillment status.
To move the contributions to different states:
- View the "Placed" tab
- Check the contributions you'd like to move
- Click "Move to" to select the destination of these checked contributions- either "Locked" or "Fulfilled"
- Upload a valid tracking number to move a contribution to "Fulfilled"
Fulfillment States and Refunds
It's very important to keep your Contribution States up to date. Keeping accurate fulfillment statuses on contributions will ensure that backers are only able to process refunds for unfulfilled contributions.
When to move contributions to a Locked state?
If a contribution is moved to a "Locked" state in Indiegogo, the Backer will not be able to process a refund on Indiegogo. Remember that you may not lock a contribution if it is still within its refund window.
- For Fixed and Flexible funding campaigns, contributions are refundable up to the campaign deadline. The campaign owner can only lock perks after the campaign deadline.
- For InDemand campaigns, contributions are refundable within 10 days after the transaction. The campaign owner can only lock perks after the 10-day refund window.
When to move contributions to a Fulfilled state?
If a contribution is moved to a "Fulfilled" state on Indiegogo, the Backer will not be able to process a refund on Indiegogo.
- If you have shipped the perk, uploading a valid tracking number will automatically move the contribution to "Fulfilled" status. You should format your carrier names the way they are listed on EasyPost's site. If you use a carrier that is not listed on Easypost, the tracking number will show 'Invalid' and the contribution will remain in Placed status. In this case, we recommend only shipping perks after the refund window, and moving the contributions to "Fulfilled." Learn how to add tracking numbers here.
- For perks that you have Fulfilled and do not have a tracking URL, you can move the contribution to Locked or Fulfilled status only AFTER the refund window.
By moving shipped contributions to "Fulfilled" status on Indiegogo, this notes to the backer that you have fulfilled their contribution. Furthermore, Indiegogo's refund policy relies on this status, stating "the Perk associated with the contribution has been fulfilled."
If a contribution falls within our refund policy and you do not mark it as "Fulfilled" on Indiegogo, the backer will be able to process a refund on Indiegogo, even if you've shipped the contribution. This is why it is a good idea to upload a valid tracking number so that the shipped contribution is automatically moved to "Fulfilled" status.
Tips for Fulfilling Perks
- Keep your Backers updated on the status of their Perks, even after your campaign is over. If you post an update on the campaign page, it will be sent as an email to your Backers.
- Be sure to offer great customer service to your backers.
- Don't wait until the end of your campaign to fulfill Perks. Start as soon as you can!
- If your Perk fulfillment is behind schedule, let your Backers know by posting an update. You don't want to keep them in the dark.
- Also see: 4 Ways to Make Crowdfunding Fulfillment Easy