Raising Funds through a Crowdfunding Campaign?
It's free to create a campaign! If you raise funds, the following fees will be applied: 5% Indiegogo platform fee and payment processor fees (3-5% per processor). Campaigns with bank accounts outside the US will also have a bank transfer fee of 25 in your currency.
- Indiegogo's platform fee on all funds raised is 5%.
- It is free to sign up and create a campaign and fees are deducted from the funds you actually raise (not the goal you set).
- In addition, Stripe (credit card processor) charges a processing fee, based on several factors, including the funding type and currency you choose, and the country in which your bank is located.
- Flexible funding campaigns can accept contributions through PayPal or credit card, depending on the campaign's chosen currency: USD, CAD, EUR, and GBP raise funds via direct credit/debit card; AUD can raise funds via PayPal. Please see our related article here for more information on changes to payments on Indiegogo.
- Fixed funding campaigns raising funds in USD, EUR, CAD or GBP can raise funds via direct credit card. Fixed funding campaigns raising funds in AUD can raise funds via PayPal only.
For funds raised through credit card:
*Credit Card fees are charged by payments processor Stripe.
*Credit Card fees are charged per contribution.
For CAD, GBP or EUR funds raised, and USD funds raised and your bank located outside the US:
If you raise funds in US Dollars through direct credit card contributions and your bank account is located outside the US, a one-time wire fee is charged by the bank. If you raise funds in CAD, GBP or EUR, you are charged a bank transfer fee (25 in your currency) to send funds to your CAD/GBP/EUR bank account per transfer. Please note that EUR funds can only be sent to a EUR account in one of Stripe's 15 supported EU countries.
*Credit Card fees are charged per contribution by payments processor Stripe during the run of your campaign.
*The wire fee is charged once per transfer by the sending bank when we send all your funds in one lump sum to your bank account after the end of your campaign and every transfer while your campaign is in InDemand.
For funds raised through PayPal:
*PayPal fees are determined by PayPal.
*PayPal fees are charged per contribution.
If you raise money in AUD, you will only be able to accept contributions through PayPal. Learn more.
Please note that if you're raising funds in CAD or GBP, funds can only be disbursed to a Canadian or UK bank account. Learn more.
If you are looking to raise funds for a 501(c)3 nonprofit, you can find out more about how payments and disbursements will work for your campaign, here.
For more details about fees, click here.
Raising funds through an InDemand project?
Platform fees in InDemand are 5% if you ran your campaign on Indiegogo, 8% if you ran your campaign on another platform, and higher than 8% if you ran on another platform and receive additional support from our team (plus applicable Third Party Payment Processing Fees.) Contact us for more information.
- For more information on standard fees and pricing, see our info page on Pricing & Fees.