Running a campaign is an amazing adventure!!! There's a lot to tackle, so here's a helpful guide of step-by-step instructions on creating your campaign.
- Visit Indiegogo.
- Click 'Start a Campaign' at the top of the page.
- If you aren't already logged in, please follow the prompts to login and/or create an account, if needed.
- Fill in the required information:
- Please choose one of the two available options (An Individual or a Business or Nonprofit) which best fits who will be receiving the funds raised by the campaign. This is an important step when setting up your campaign, and will impact how you receive funds at the end of your campaign. Please read more in depth about this here. This selection cannot be changed once you submit this page.
- You will then need to select the country in which you are located or where the business/nonprofit is registered and the country in which the bank account you will use is located. See here for a list of countries we support. This information cannot be changed once you submit this page so please be sure to double check the information before clicking 'Start My Campaign'.
- Your new campaign will be saved in Draft mode. When your campaign is in Draft mode it is not viewable to the public.
Once you've entered this basic information, you will be taken to Indiegogo's Create/Edit Campaign Tool.
- Use the tabs on the left hand side of the Campaign Editor to navigate through the different steps of creating a campaign.
Campaign Tagline & Card Image
- Make sure your image is unique, interesting and relevant to your campaign. This information is what people will see on the Indiegogo landing page and explore pages, so they should be compelled to click on it.
- Your campaign title and short description are like the headline and subhead of your project — make sure you include everything someone would need to know for them to want to contribute.
Your Main Campaign Video
- Make a short video (1-3 minutes) that expresses your goals and intentions.
- The first ten seconds of your video count. First impressions are everything.
- If constructed wisely, this segment of your video can be leveraged as a YouTube banner ad and as a long-term piece of marketing collateral as you continue to grow your business.
- Star in the video yourself to make it more personal.
- Give contributors a sneak peek of your project, product, film, etc.
- Use music to set a tone for the video and the campaign.
- Make sure the video is clear and concise; visuals help.
- Invite your audience to join you on your journey; you are not just asking for money.
- End with a clear call to action.
- Your video must be uploaded to either YouTube or Vimeo- and you can add the URL to your video, in your campaign creation flow.
- Put the most important information first.
- Tell a compelling story, and keep it short.
- Explain exactly why you are raising money.
- Share details about yourself, your team, and important events or people that shaped your project.
- Build trust with a specific budget breakdown.
- Spelling and grammar are important, so be sure to proofread.
- Break long text into sections with headings.
- Include images and videos in between sections of text to help break up your copy. You can add images and videos by using the Insert buttons on your editing toolbar. Check our troubleshooting page for help adding media to your campaign.
Perks are incentives offered to backers in exchange for their support. Remember to follow our Community Guidelines when creating perks. For more information on how to create perks, check out this article in the Help Center.
Funding type. Choose if Fixed or Flexible Funding option best fits your project! Learn more about these different funding types here.
Campaign Goal Amount. Choose your funding goal wisely. Please note your goal cannot be changed after you launch your campaign. Learn how to determine a funding goal here.
Funds Disbursement Set Up.Once you've created your draft campaign you will be able to verify your Funds Recipient, fill out your bank account information and add your campaign’s billing descriptor.
- Invite people to join your campaign team. Enter the email addresses of the team members you'd like to add in the 'New Team Member Email' field.
Note: Only make them an editor if you'd like them to be able to edit your campaign and have access to the Dashboard
- Click 'Send Invitation' to send an email invitation to your new team member
Note: Please make sure that your team members set up Indiegogo accounts before you send out your invites, because the invite can only be accepted by people with Indiegogo accounts.Once your new team member accepts the invitation, they will show up as a team member on your campaign page
Option To Share Your Draft Campaign With Others. If you'd like to share your draft campaign with others, you can do so by clicking the "Generate Link" under the "Extras" tab. You can copy the link you generated and send it to friends if you want them to take a look at your campaign draft before you go live with your campaign. It's a great opportunity to gather reviews of your campaign text, video, or perks in advance.
Note: Once you generated this draft campaign link, a new button will appear, named "Disable Link." Clicking on this button will prevent anybody from seeing your campaign even if you shared the link to your draft campaign. That way you are always in control over who can see your draft.
Option To Customize Your Campaign Link. The campaign link in your browser's address bar is determined by your campaign's Title. For example, if your campaign is titled "My Campaign Title", the URL you see in your address bar will be: www.indiegogo.com/projects/my-campaign-title. If you change your title, the campaign URL displayed in your address bar will also change.
Because your campaign title may be long and might make your campaign link difficult to remember, you can create a short link to your campaign.
You can share your self-created short-link with your audience in emails, social media, posters, or anywhere your heart desires.Campaign short links always have the following format on Indiegogo: http://igg.me/at/[enter word or a word-string].
Example: You run a campaign called "My First Trip To India" so your campaign short link could look like this http://igg.me/at/my-first-trip or http://igg.me/at/trip-to-india or http://igg.me/at/india -- there are many possibilities and you can decide what works best
Anyone can type your campaign short link into their internet browser to get directly to your campaign page once it is live.
We provide additional features for you such as InDemand. InDemand allows your campaign to continue raising funds after your campaign deadline provided you’ve met your campaign goal.
How a campaign becomes InDemand:
- "Opt into InDemand" is selected
- Your campaign reaches its goal
- Your campaign meets its deadline
Once all the three criteria above are met, your campaign will go into InDemand mode and can continue to accept contributions.
Campaigns are automatically opted into InDemand. Learn more about the benefits and how to setup InDemand in InDemand FAQ.
Launch Your Campaign
When you’re ready to begin raising funds, launch your campaign to make it visible to the public. Be sure you do one final check to ensure that all the applicable fields are filled out as you desire, as some important fields cannot be changed once you launch the campaign.If it all looks good and you are ready for your campaign to be live, click "Review and Launch Campaign." For specific steps on how to launch your campaign, check out our Help Center article here.