You will receive your funds within 15 business days after your campaign ends. Funds raised through PayPal will be sent to your PayPal account. Funds raised through credit card will be sent to your bank account. Make sure your bank information is entered before your campaign ends!
Indiegogo offers two types of funding structures: Fixed and Flexible. For both funding types, contributions are held until the end of your campaign and then sent to your bank or PayPal account within 15 business days after your campaign has ended. Once you have received your first contribution, you can view your raised funds on the Funding tab of your campaign Dashboard. Read more about Fixed and Flexible funding here.
Ways To Receive Money
- Transfer to your Bank Account (available to campaigns raising funds in USD, CAD, EUR, and GBP)
- PayPal (available to campaigns raising funds in AUD)
The way your money is sent to you depends on how your campaign receives contributions. All contributions received through PayPal can only be sent to your PayPal account. All contributions you receive by direct credit card can only be sent to your bank account.
Payment options are changing on Indiegogo! Please read more about this change to your available funding options in our related Help Center article.
When do I get my money?
All money raised through direct credit card contributions are sent within 15 business days after your campaign ends, provided your bank account information is complete and accurate.
15 business days seems like a long time. Can I get my money faster?
Indiegogo has a thorough review process for every campaign before we send any funds to the bank and/or PayPal account listed on your Funding tab. Once a campaign ends, or bank information is updated, the campaign enters our disbursement cycle the following week. Funds are then sent in a batch once a week. It's definitely possible that you could receive your funds in fewer than 15 business days, but that is our publicized time frame.
I forgot to enter my bank account info before my campaign ended! Can I still get my money?
Of course you can! Once you enter your account information, even if your campaign has already ended, you will start the disbursement process. We'll email you within 15 business days of your adding the bank account information, when your funds are sent.
Why didn’t I get my money? It’s been more than 15 days!
There may be several reasons why a campaigner has not received their funds. We'll walk you through troubleshooting some of the most common issues here:
- First, make sure that 15 business days have passed, not just 15 days.
- As Indiegogo is a US company using US banks and payment processors for disbursement, please consider US Business Days and Holidays.
- We aren't able to disburse funds if the bank account information is incomplete or inaccurate so please ensure that you've entered all the required bank account information.
- Visit the Funding tab of your campaign set up and click on the Secure Bank Form to check your information. For help entering your bank information, please see this article.
- If your bank account information was not added or complete by the end of your campaign, you should expect funds to be disbursed up to 15 business days after you enter the bank account information.
- Double check that your bank account information is correct- when in doubt, confirm with your bank.
- If a campaigner enters incorrect bank information, this can cause delays as the bank may reject the funds and return the funds to Indiegogo if they can find no account matching the information entered.
These tips should help most cases! However, if you are past the 15 business days since your campaign ended or since you entered all your bank account information (whichever was later), and you have not seen an email from Indiegogo letting you know we've disbursed your funds, you can get in touch with Indiegogo's Customer Happiness Team. Please outline the issue and our Payments Support Team can look into your specific case.
I got an email that my funds couldn’t be sent. Why?
Your bank account information could be incorrect. We highly recommend you contact your bank to get the numbers requested on the Secure Bank Form before filling it out to prevent issues with receiving your funds.
We are typically notified within 5-9 business days after the disbursement date, at which point we will ask the you to update your bank account information. If you have not received funds or a rejection notification within 10 days of receiving our email notice that they've been sent, please contact us.
When do I get my money from PayPal?
For both Fixed and Flexible Funding campaigns, all money you raise through PayPal is sent to you within 15 business days after your campaign ends. All funds are sent as individual payments, not a lump sum.
If I use PayPal, what fees will be charged?
Indiegogo's platform fee is 5%. PayPal processing fees are 3-5%. All fees are calculated and taken from the amount of funds you raise, not your goal amount, so there is no upfront cost to using Indiegogo. Learn more about fees here.
How do I make sure my PayPal account is set to receive money?
Follow the detailed advice listed here.
PayPal restricted my account! What do I do? I need my money!
The best thing to do is contact PayPal about lifting your receiving limit. You can contact PayPal here.
What if I need to change my PayPal account during the campaign?
If for some reason you need to make a change to the PayPal account on your campaign, please send us a note. Please note that funds are disbursed to the PayPal account listed on the campaign at the time the transaction took place, not the account that is on the campaign when it ends.