Add Your Tracking Pixel
Your Conversion and Remarketing pixels will allow you to track results for your Google AdWords and Facebook paid placements. This feature is recommended for advanced users and requires a basic knowledge of digital marketing practices.
This feature is available on the "Extras" tab of your campaign creation flow and is optional; it's not required to launch your campaign. While we provide you the tools to be able to place third party pixels on your campaign page, we are unable to advise you on how to run your marketing campaigns or analyze the data from them.
Google AdWords Tracking
Indiegogo uses Google's updated Global Site Tag, a site-wide snippet that will track conversion and remarketing. Simply provide your conversion ID and you will be able to track remarketing for our campaign page and beginning of checkout flow. Conversion will be tracked at the last page of checkout.
- Create a Google AdWords Account: http://www.google.com/adwords/
- To set up conversion tracking, follow these steps: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722054?hl=en
- Under Tools -> Measurement, select "Conversions"
- Click on the name of your conversion action, and under Tag setup, click on the "Use Google Tag Manager" to access your Conversion ID and Conversion Label
- Insert your Conversion ID and Label in the fields on the Extras Tab of your Campaign Editor, under Google AdWords
Once you enter this information, you should be able to track people who have claimed a perk on your campaign page.
Copy and paste the same Conversion ID as above. Once you have remarketing set up under your AdWords account, you will have the ability to reach people who have already visited your Campaign page. For information on how to set up remarketing, go to https://support.google.com/google-ads/answer/2454000?hl=en&ref_topic=3122875
Facebook Ad Tracking
- To create your conversion pixel, follow these steps: https://www.facebook.com/help/435189689870514/
- Insert your Ad ID number (should be in the pixel), into the Conversion Pixel field of the Extras section under Facebook Ads.
Once you enter this information, you should be able to track people who have claimed a perk on your Campaign page. The pixel will show as “unverified” on Facebook’s end until someone has contributed to the campaign after the pixel has been placed.
Retargeting Pixel (Custom Audiences)
- To create your Retargeting pixel, follow these steps: https://www.facebook.com/business/a/online-sales/custom-audiences-website
Once you enter this information, you will have the ability to reach people who have already visited your Campaign page.