Fulfill perks and promises
You must fulfill your perks if:
- You chose Flexible Funding and you received one or more contributions in exchange for perks;
- You chose Fixed Funding and you met your funding goal.
You do not have to fulfill your perks if:
- You chose Fixed Funding and you did not meet your funding goal.
Working on fulfilling your perks? Use the interactive Orders & Donations Tab in your dashboard to track which perks you have and have not fulfilled. If you need specific information from a contributor to fulfill their perks (a size or color preference, for example), reach out to them directly. Resources:
Collect your money
When your campaign is over, Indiegogo will send your funds to the bank account you added to your campaign's Secure Bank Form. Disbursements take place up to 15 business days after your campaign ends (provided your information is added), so plan accordingly.
Thank your Backers
The end of your campaign is a great time to send a personal thank you to your backer community! Your project would not have been possible without their support and it's important that you let them know they are appreciated.
There's a few simple ways to do this, including emailing each backer personally and/or posting an update to your campaign page thanking them for their support. One of the most personal ways is by filming a personal, thank you video to your backers. It's also a great way to showcase you or your brand's personality, as well as an opportunity to outline next steps for your project.
Here are a few campaign Thank You videos to get you in the thankful spirit!:
- FlowHive did a personal Thank You video at the close of their campaign.
- Just watching this short video, you can get a great sense of their personality as well as feel the impact their backers had on their lives and on their company.
- ConMan made a funny Thank You video that thanked their backers and also used it as an opportunity to update their backers that their campaign was going into InDemand.
- Tabletop Season 3 - With Wil Wheaton!'s -- Thank You Video gave a personal touch and allowed backers to see everyone involved behind the scenes, to make both the campaign and the series happen!
Your campaign page is a great marketing tool after your campaign has ended, as it will likely continue receiving visitors. New people will discover your page through web searches or the Explore pages of Indiegogo. If you’ve received press attention, news articles will still link to your page. Think about what you’d like these newcomers to do and edit your campaign page to encourage this behavior. Do you want them to continue on to your new webpage? Add a big button that links to the new page.
Promote a sense of community and keep your contributors happy by continuing to send updates regularly, communicate with backers, and provide overall good customer service. If there have been changes to your project or your ability to fulfill your perks, communicate with your contributors immediately. People tend to be forgiving when they are kept in the loop.
Now that you’ve finished your campaign and fulfilled your perks, consider running another. We’ve seen a number of very successful repeat crowdfunders. The contributors from your original campaign are a fantastic audience to reach out to when you’re starting your next. Think creatively about how you can encourage your previous campaign’s contributors to support another project. Special perks or other incentives are a nice way to acknowledge them and continue to strengthen your relationship. You can also show your gratitude to the Indiegogo community by paying it forward. Contribute to other campaigns to help out fellow crowdfunders. Use Meetup groups or Indiegogo comments to connect with new campaigners. Give feedback and share what you’ve learned. Write blog posts or articles with your own pro tips and advice. We love having skilled crowdfunders as active members of our Indiegogo community. Wishing you all the best, and happy funding!