Raising Funds through a Crowdfunding Campaign?
If you successfully raise money through a Crowdfunding campaign on Indiegogo, you may encounter the following types of fees:
- Indiegogo fee: Indiegogo's platform fee (5%)
- Third party fees for payment processors: 3% plus 30 cents per transaction for credit card, and 3-5% for PayPal
- International wire fee: A one-time per disbursement international wire fee ($25) to send USD funds to an international bank account
- Euro transfer fee: A one-time per disbursement bank transfer fee (25€) to send EUR funds to a bank account in one of Stripe's 15 supported EU countries [please note this applies to campaigns raising funds in Euro only]
Contributors may be charged additional international processing fees: If your credit card is based inside the US, and you contribute to a campaign outside the US, you may be subject to an additional international processing fee from your credit card issuer even though the currency of the campaign is in US Dollars. We have seen some smaller banks and credit unions charge international processing fees of around 3%.
|You reach your goal||5%||5%|
|You don't reach goal||5%||0% - your contributors get refunded. Transaction fees do not apply to refunded contributions.|
|Third party fees||
- All fees are based on and applied to the amount of funds raised, not your goal amount.
- All PayPal fees are approximate. The exact amount depends on your country and the amount of funds raised. For more information on PayPal fees, please visit PayPal Fees. International or cross-border transactions may be charged additional fees by PayPal for currency exchange, e.g. Transaction Fees for Cross-Border Payments. For a complete breakdown of PayPal's payment processing fees based on your account type and region, we recommend reaching out to PayPal Support directly.
- Contributors can contribute from anywhere in the world to campaigns. Indiegogo does not charge any fees, but depending on the currency of the campaign they contribute to, they will bear the exchange rate and any additional exchange charges as determined by their credit card.
- Payment options are changing on Indiegogo. Please visit our related article here for further information, or if you don't see every payment option available to you.
Raising funds through an InDemand project?
Platform fees in InDemand are 5% if you ran your campaign on Indiegogo, 8% if you ran your campaign on another platform, and higher than 8% if you ran on another platform and receive additional support from our team (plus applicable Third Party Payment Processing Fees.) Contact us for more information.