I get an error message when trying to add a picture to my campaign.
- Make sure your images are in either JPG, PNG or SVG format
- If your images are in the correct format, log out of your Indiegogo account, clear the cache on your browser, log back in and try again.
- After you select an image to add your campaign, make sure you click Save. Wait for the image to save successfully before clicking OK to insert it into your text.
Can I add GIFs to my campaign?
As of August 1, 2015, users are no longer able to upload GIFs to their campaign. GIFs you currently see are on campaigns that were created prior to that date. However, you can still use animated GIFs in your campaign. To do so, you'll need to have your GIF hosted on a private server, then insert a link to the GIF in your pitch text's HTML. One website you can use for this is http://tinypic.com.
You can view the HTML version by clicking the 'Source' button on the far right of your editing toolbar. Once you have the link to your GIF, click where in your text you'd like it appear. As an example, I'll use the link to this GIF: http://content.presentermedia.com/files/animsp/00012000/12226/handshake_hands_anim_md_wm.gif
- After you've clicked where in the text you'd like your GIF to appear, add the link by using the following code:
- Click 'Source' again to return to the regular editing view and then 'Save'.
The GIF will appear on your campaign page and will play automatically.
Can I add images from a PDF?
- No, but you can take screenshots of your PDF and save them as a JPG, PNG or SVG file.
My image is cut off or zoomed in when I upload it.
- Campaign card images should be square. The recommended size is 640x640 px and the minimum size is 220x220 px.
- Pitch Image should be landscape format and sized to 620x413 px.
- Video Overlay image should also be landscape oriented and sized to 640x427 px.
- Update images should have a maximum width of 653 px.
- Profile Picture should be landscape oriented. The recommended size is 460x285 px.
- Avatar Image should be square and sized to 90x90 px.
What image gets shared on Facebook when I use the share button?
- You can add an image specifically for Facebook shares on the Extras tab of your campaign draft. If you don't add an image there, your Video Overlay image will appear when you use your share tools to post your campaign on social media. If you don’t have a Video Overlay image, but you have a video, your Campaign Card image will be used instead. If you don’t have a campaign video, your Pitch Image will be shared.
The wrong image shows when I use my share tools!
- This could be a caching issue with Facebook or Twitter. If an incorrect or old image appears when you use your share tools, you can fix it by pasting your campaign URL into these debugger links:
The correct image should appear immediately, the next time you share your campaign. If you still see the old image, clear the cache on your browser and try again.
Where is my image gallery? Can I reorder images in my gallery?
- You can create an Image and Video gallery on the Extras tab of your campaign.
- You can't reorder your images once they're uploaded. They will appear in the order they were uploaded.
Can I add images to my pitch text?
- Yes! Click in the text where you want the image to appear. Then click the Insert Image button on your editing toolbar (mountain icon), then upload an image from your computer.
Can I upload a video directly to my campaign?
- No. All videos must be hosted on either YouTube or Vimeo.
I get an error message when I try to add my YouTube or Vimeo link.
- Make sure your Privacy settings are set to Public (on YouTube) or Anyone (on Vimeo). If using YouTube, you can also set your privacy to Unlisted.
- Make sure your link is formatted correctly. For YouTube, you should use the full URL and not your share URL. For example, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vx1OVLX5Rc is correct, but https://youtu.be/_vx1OVLX5Rc is not. For Vimeo, format your link like this: https://vimeo.com/37328349