I get the message 'Image source URL missing' when I try to add images.
Make sure you do the following:
- Click on the Insert Image button (the mountain icon) and choose a file to upload.
- Click the 'Save Image' button.
- Wait for the 'Image Saved' message.
- Click OK to insert the image.
If you don't receive the 'Image Saved' message, try reducing the dimensions of your image or try a different browser.
I get a different error message when trying to add a picture to my campaign.
- Make sure your images are in either JPG, PNG or SVG format.
- If your images are in the correct format, log out of your Indiegogo account, clear the cache on your browser, log back in and try again.
- If your images are large, try reducing the file size to below 2MB.
- After you select an image to add your campaign, make sure you click Save. Wait for the image to save successfully before clicking OK to insert it into your text.
I'm having trouble adding GIFS/Can I add GIFs to my campaign?
As of July 26, 2023, users are able to easily upload GIFs to their campaign. Follow the same steps as you would for uploading images: select the Insert Image icon, choose the file, and upload it.
Here’s how it looks like in the Updates editor.
Note: You can also drag and drop the images and animated gifs.
Can I add images from a PDF?
- No, but you can take screenshots of your PDF and save them as a JPG, PNG or SVG file.
My image is cut off or zoomed in when I upload it.
Here are the recommended image sizes:
- Campaign card image: should be square. The recommended size is 640x640 px and the minimum size is 220x220 px.
- Pitch Image: should be landscape format and sized to 695x460 px.
- Video Overlay Image: image should also be landscape oriented and sized to 695x460 px.
- Campaign Pitch:
- Images that are intended to span the width of the story section should have a minimum width of 695 pixels.
- If an image is intended to be smaller than the full width of the story section, images may be uploaded at widths smaller than 695 pixels.
- Perk Images: Use PNG or JPG files. 660x460 recommended resolution, 330x230 minimum resolution.
- Image Gallery: image should also be landscape oriented and sized to 695x460 px.
- Update images: should have a maximum width of 653 px.
- Profile Picture should be landscape oriented. The recommended size is 460x285 px.
- Avatar Image should be square and sized to 90x90 px.
What image gets shared on Facebook when I use the share button?
- You can add an image specifically for Facebook shares on the Extras tab of your campaign draft. If you don't add an image there, your Video Overlay image will appear when you use your share tools to post your campaign on social media. If you don’t have a Video Overlay image, but you have a video, your Campaign Card image will be used instead. If you don’t have a campaign video, your Pitch Image will be shared.
The wrong image shows when I use my share tools!
This could be a caching issue with Facebook or Twitter. If an incorrect or old image appears when you use your share tools, or if you see an "invalid page" message, you can fix it by pasting your campaign URL into these debugger links:
- Facebook: https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/
- Twitter: https://cards-dev.twitter.com/validator
The correct image should appear immediately, the next time you share your campaign. If you still see the old image, clear the cache on your browser and try again.
Where is my image gallery? Can I reorder images in my gallery?
- You can create an Image and Video gallery on the Extras tab of your campaign.
- You can't reorder your images once they're uploaded. They will appear in reverse order in which they were uploaded, the last image appearing first.
Can I add images to my pitch text?
- Yes! Click in the text where you want the image to appear. Then click the Insert Image button on your editing toolbar (mountain icon), then upload an image from your computer.
Can I upload a video directly to my campaign?
- No. All videos must be hosted on either YouTube or Vimeo.
I get an error message when I try to add my YouTube or Vimeo link.
- Make sure your Privacy settings are set to Public (on YouTube) or Anyone (on Vimeo). If using YouTube, you can also set your privacy to Unlisted.
- Make sure your link is formatted correctly. For YouTube, you should use the full URL and not your share URL. For example, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vx1OVLX5Rc is correct, but https://youtu.be/_vx1OVLX5Rc is not. For Vimeo, format your link like this: https://vimeo.com/37328349.