Indiegogo campaigns are automatically set for a maximum run time of 60 day. The sweet spot for campaigns is around 30-40 days- see Choose Launch Date & Deadline. However, we’ve seen success when testing extending campaigns, which is why we’re now offering you the ability to extend your campaign multiple times.
You can extend the deadline mid-way through your campaign for a maximum of 60 days. You can start your campaign with a shorter duration and then extend as many times as you want up to the 60-day limit. You can use the extended time for an upcoming event, big press release, a new perk release, or anything you plan to do to hit your crowdfunding goal.
Here are some simple steps you can take to extend your campaign’s deadline, up to 60 days after your launch date:
- Login to your Indiegogo account and visit your campaign page
- Click Campaign Editor on the sidebar of your campaign page.
- Click the Basics tab in the sidebar
- Scroll down to the Duration portion and click "Extend Duration"
- Choose the new number of days from the drop-down menu (up to 60 days from launch).
- Click 'Save.'
NOTE: This Extension changes your total Campaign's duration from your original launch date. The difference between the original duration and new duration is the number of days your campaign will be extended.
Example: You launch your campaign with a 45-day duration, then you change the duration to 50 days. Your campaign will be extended for 5 days. It will end 50 days from your original launch date.
A few final things of note:
- Campaign’s deadlines can only be extended, never shortened or pulled forward.
- If your campaign is currently set to run for less than 60 days, you will be able to extend it unlimited times for a maximum of 60 days.
- If your campaign is already at the maximum 60 days, you will not be able to make any changes to your campaign’s deadline.