Indiegogo campaigns are automatically set for a maximum run time of 60 days, but we may choose to offer an extension in our sole discretion. However, we’ve found the sweet spot for campaigns is around 30-40 days- see Choose Launch Date & Deadline.
We know many campaigns launch with a deadline of less than 60 days, but may want to extend the deadline mid-way through the campaign. We understand that sometimes more time might be nice when you have an upcoming event, big press release, or need just a few more days to hit your goal. We’ve built a tool that allows you to make a one-time extension to your campaign’s deadline- up to 60 days after your launch date!
Here are some simple steps you can take to extend your campaign’s deadline, up to 60 days after your launch date:
- Login to your Indiegogo account and visit your campaign page
- Click Campaign Editor on the sidebar of your campaign page.
- Click the Basics tab in the sidebar
- Scroll down to the Duration portion and click "Extend Duration"
- Choose the new number of days from the drop-down menu (up to 60 days from launch).
- Click 'Save.'
- You'll see a final confirmation prompt. Be sure to click 'Extend' to confirm the change
- NOTE: This Extension changes your total Campaign's duration from your original launch date. That is the total number of days live will change to the new number you input. It does NOT add that many extra days to your existing deadline.
- Example: You launch your campaign with a 25 day deadline, then come to the deadline extension tool and extend to 30 days. This means that your campaign will end 30 days from the original launch date. This will NOT combine with the 25 days for a total of 55 days live.
- You will be able to only make one change to your campaign’s deadline, so please be 100% sure of the date before making the change.
A few final things of note:
- Campaign’s deadlines can only be extended, never shortened or pulled forward.
- If your campaign is currently set to run for less than 60 days, you will be able to extend it one time.
- If your campaign is already at the max. 60 days, you will not be able to make any changes to your campaign’s deadline.
- If you have already made a change to your campaign’s deadline, you will not be able to make any additional changes.