Perk Items Options are a simple way campaigners can collect and manage information essential to fulfilling their Perks. Item options makes it easier than ever to bring your project to market and fulfill Perks!
- What are Perk Items?
- How do I create Perk Items?
- What are Perk Options?
- Do I need Perk Options?
- How to Create Perk Options?
- Can I edit Perk Items and Options?
- Where can I see Backer's choices?
- What will Backers see?
- I Don't see Perk Item Options on my Campaign?
With Perk Items, you can now ask for any item preference information (size, color, etc) alongside each Perk you offer. Backers will see each of the items included in the Perk, on the Perk Card on your Campaign page and will be prompted to provide information when they contribute.
Each Perk is required to have at least one Perk Item, and you can offer up to 10 total Perk items. The Item number can be individual items (up to 10), or fewer Items with multiple numbers of the items offered (up to a total quantity of 10 total items).
Perk Item can be used on multiple Perks if you have the same offering that applies to various Perk Levels.
To create Perk Items, log in to your Indiegogo account and go to the Campaign Editor for your campaign. Visit the Perks Tab, and click the Create New Perk button. Fill out your Price, Title, then move to Perk Items.
- Click the “Select An Item” Drop-Down
- Click “Create Item For This Perk” (if you haven’t created any Items yet)
- The Item Details window will pop-up, and you’ll be prompted to enter the Item Name
- Be sure to keep it brief and clear to backers what you are offering them.
Once you have the Item Name listed, you’ll need to decide if you are going to have Perk Options on the Item, or not.
Perk Options are choices you give the backer to select from about your Perk Item- Size, Color, Style etc.
For every Perk Item you create, you can enter up to 3 Options, and up to 5 Option values for each Perk Option. By using Perk Options on your Perk Items, you’ll be able to create up to 15 possible different combinations for Backer’s to specify or personalize their selections.
Perk Options are not required on Items. You may find you have some Perk Items that have many options, and others with no options at all.
To determine if your Perk needs Options, consider whether the Perk Item has different versions that you’ll need your backer to choose from - color, size, etc.
- If your Item does have choices for Backers, you should add Perk Options to your Item!
- If your Item does not have choices, you may not need Perk Options (but be sure to save your Item before moving on).
As an example, you have a Perk that offers a T-Shirt to your Backers. You want to offer the T-shirt in 5 size options, 3 colors, and you have 2 different styles to choose from. You can easily use Perk Options on the T-Shirt Item, to create the choices for your Backers.
Perk Options are easy to set up! We’ll continue on with our example where you’d like to offer the T-Shirt. Once you have your Item Name in place, tick the “Yes, I am offering options for this item” option. From there, you’ll see the “Options Name” and “Options Values” fields appear.
For our example, the campaigner wants to offer the T-Shirt with the options of:
- A style choice between a Men’s or Women’s Style T-Shirt
- A size choice of X-Small, Small, Medium, Large, or X-Large
- A color choice of Black, Grey, or White
For our T-Shirt example, here’s how you would enter these fields.
- Enter the words “Shirt Style” in the “Options Name” field. Then move to the “Options Values” field and enter “Women’s” and “Men’s”.
- Be sure to enter a comma or hit Enter/Return Key after each Option entry. Your Options can include multiple words, so a comma or "Enter" will split up the entries into different Options.
Once you have your Perk Item and Options created, you can move on and complete the rest of the Perk fields (Description, Number Available, Estimated Delivery Date, and Shipping Locations). Be sure to Save your Perk when you are done and before you move on!
The editing rules for Perk Items and Options are the same as on the Perk level.
- If the Perk Item/Options HAS NOT been claimed, it can be edited.
- If the Perk Item/Options HAS been claimed, it cannot be edited
Backer's choices are available via the Orders & Donations tab of your Campaigner Dashboard. Once you download your CSV, you'll see information about your Backers: Name, email address, Shipping address (if applicable), Perk claimed, along with the Item SKU numbers and Item Options the Backer chose.
Backers will see Perk Items listed on your Campaign’s Perks, under an "Items Included" list.
When they click the Perk they’d like to claim, they’ll be taken to the Pay Flow where they will be required to make their selections from the Perk Option(s) you’ve listed on the Perk:
On November 3, 2016 Perk Items and Options was initially available for a subset of eligible campaigns. Please see the list below to determine if your campaign meets the eligibility criteria or not.
Which Campaigns are Eligible?
- USD Campaigns - Campaigns created on or after November 3, 2016 and are raising funds in USD, through our credit card processor, Stripe, will have Perk Item Options
- EUR Campaigns - Campaigns created after February 14, 2016 and are raising funds in EUR, through our credit card processor, Stripe, will have Perk Item Options
- GBP or CAD Campaigns - Campaigns created on or after April 6, 2017 and are raising funds in GBP or CAD, will have Perk Item Options
- AUD Campaigns - Campaigns raising funds in AUD (via PayPal only) will have Perk Item Options
Which Campaigns are not Eligible?
- All Campaigns raising funds in GBP or CAD that were created before April 6, 2017 will not have Perk Item Options.
- All Campaigns that are in Draft, Live and InDemand on or before November 3, 2016 will not have Perk Item Options on their campaign.
We are unable to add Perk Item Options to campaigns that are not eligible.
My Campaign does not have Perk Item Options, how can I collect my Backer's preferences?
Many Campaigners collect their Backer's preferences via a survey after the campaign has ended. Some also choose to partner with a third party that offers services to gather information from Backers. You can find all your Backer information on your Campaign's Dashboard! For more information, see Where do I Find Contributor Contact Information?
No matter how you plan to collect this information, we recommend you include this information in an FAQ section on your campaign page. This will help Backers understand when and how you will be collecting their preferences, and reduce questions of this nature.