Why am I seeing a warning on the currency I chose?
You're seeing a warning because you've chosen a currency and bank account country that we and our payment processor Stripe support, but there are some additional things we want to make you aware of. In order to send you funds in USD to your selected bank account country, you will be charged a small transfer fee. This fee is charged per disbursement to your bank account, and charged in the currency you're raising funds in. If you're raising funds in Euro, the fee will be 25 Euro. If you're raising funds in CAD, the fee will be $25 CAD, etc. You can find more on fees here.
In certain situations, it might make more sense for you to select a different currency. Below are some combinations of currencies and bank account countries we recommend:
- If your bank account is in the United States, we recommend selecting USD. Find more about sending funds to a US bank account here.
- If your bank account is in Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Germany, Finland, France, Republic of Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, or Sweden we recommend choosing EUR. Find out more about raising funds in EUR here. Please note that these locations can also choose USD, and have funds sent via international wire ($25 bank transfer fee is charged per wire).
- Coming soon! If your bank account country is in Australia, we recommend choosing AUD.
- If your bank account country is in Canada, we recommend choosing CAD or USD. Find out more about raising funds with a Canadian bank account here.
- If your bank account country is in the UK, we recommend choosing GBP or EUR. Please note that the UK can also choose USD, and have funds sent via international wire ($25 bank transfer fee is charged per wire).
- If your bank account is in any other location, we recommend choosing USD. Please note that funds raised in USD and sent to a country outside of the US are sent via international wire and charged a $25 wire fee. Find out more about receiving international wires here.
Why am I seeing a warning on the bank account country I chose?
Similar to the above situation, if you've chosen USD as your currency, and a bank account in a location other than the United States, you will be charged a $25 wire fee per disbursement. You are allowed to receive funds this way, but there may be a different currency that makes sense with your bank account country. Please see above for a list of recommend currencies and bank account locations.