As you begin planning your campaign, you may have some questions about whether or not Indiegogo allows the type of campaign you want to run. This is an especially important consideration if you want to run under the Community Projects category.
If you are planning to create a personal cause campaign, please know that this is not allowed to run on Indiegogo. Instead, we encourage you to launch your campaign through GoFundMe, our partner for personal cause campaigns. Follow this link to get started.
What is allowed on Indiegogo?
- For-profit campaigns
- Campaigns benefitting nonprofit organizations or nonprofit beneficiaries
- Campaigns for products
- Anything within "Community Projects" that is not a personal cause
- Educational campaigns in the Tech and Innovation category
What should I launch on GoFundMe?
- Any community-based fundraiser that is for a personal cause
- Any medical, funeral, memorial, or emergency fundraisers
- Any personal cause fundraiser in any category
If your project falls into any of these categories, follow this link to get started on GoFundMe.
If you have any questions about your campaign's eligibility on Indiegogo, please contact us with the details of your campaign so we can give you more specific advice.