As you begin planning your campaign, you may have some questions about whether or not Indiegogo allows the type of campaign you want to run. This is an especially important consideration if you want to run under the Community Projects category.
If you are planning to create a charitable, nonprofit, or personal cause campaign, please know that these are not allowed to run on Indiegogo.
Instead, we encourage you to launch your campaign through YouCaring, our partner for non-profit and charitable campaigns. Follow this link to get started. Read more about Indiegogo's partnership with YouCaring on our blog.
What is allowed on Indiegogo?
- For-profit campaigns
- Campaigns for products, even if they also donate a portion of funds to nonprofits/causes
- Anything within "Community Projects" that is not a for a nonprofit or personal cause
- Educational campaigns in the Tech and Innovation category
- Medical campaigns to fund the production of a medical device
What should I launch on YouCaring?
- Anything within "Community Projects" that is for a nonprofit or personal cause
- Education-related nonprofit campaigns or personal cause fundraisers for education
- Medical nonprofit campaigns or personal cause fundraisers for medical costs
- Memorial (fund) non-profit campaigns or personal cause fundraisers
- Nonprofit campaigns or personal cause fundraisers for emergencies and disasters
- Nonprofit campaigns or personal cause fundraisers for volunteer services
- Nonprofit campaigns or personal cause fundraisers for adoption categories
- Any nonprofit or personal cause fundraiser in any category
If your project falls into any of these categories, follow this link to get started on YouCaring.
If you have any questions about your campaign's eligibility on Indiegogo, please contact us with the details of your campaign so we can give you more specific advice.