- What is Indiegogo?
- What account information does Indiegogo have?
- Data Retention Information
- Preservation Requests
- Requests for Indiegogo Account Information
- Content Removal Requests
- Non-Law Enforcement Requests
- Contact Information
For more information, please visit our Learn About Indiegogo page.
Users may provide information to us when they visit or use the Indiegogo platform, and the extent of information that Users provide depends on whether they create an Indiegogo account or are visiting our platform.
Users who are Backers or Entrepreneurs provide payment information and may also post publicly visible comments and updates on the Campaign page. Backers may also provide information needed by the Entrepreneur to send a reward to a Backer such as name, email address and mailing address.
For more information on data accessible after Indiegogo has deactivated a user account can be found here. Content deleted by account holders (e.g., videos, text, photos) is generally not available.
We accept requests from law enforcement to preserve records, which constitute potentially relevant evidence in legal proceedings. We will preserve, but not disclose, a temporary snapshot of the relevant account records for 90 days pending service of valid legal process.
Preservation requests, in accordance with applicable law, should:
- be signed by the requesting official;
- have a valid return official email address; and be sent on law enforcement letterhead;
- include the name, username, email address, URL of the subject Indiegogo profile, or any information that can help Indiegogo identify the account(s) subject to the preservation request
We may honor requests for extensions of preservation requests, but encourage law enforcement agencies to seek records through the appropriate channels in a timely manner, as we cannot guarantee that requested information will be available.
Law enforcement and government preservation requests for user information may be submitted through our Law Enforcement and Subpoena Requests form. You can find further instructions below.
Requests for user account information from law enforcement should be directed to our corporate service agent, Corporation Service Company ("CSC"), their contact information is below. Indiegogo responds to valid legal process issued in compliance with applicable law.
Non-public information about Indiegogo users will not be released to law enforcement except in response to appropriate legal process such as a subpoena, court order, or other valid legal process.
Requests for user account information in accordance with applicable law, are required to include the following information:
- Include the name, username, email address, URL of the subject Indiegogo profile, or any information that can help Indiegogo identify the account(s) subject to the preservation request
- Provide details about what specific information is requested (e.g., basic account or transaction information) and its relationship to your investigation;
- NOTE: Please ensure that the information you seek is not publicly available (e.g., publicly visible on a campaign page). We are unable to process overly broad or vague requests.
- Include a valid official email address (e.g., email@example.com) so we may get back in touch with you upon receipt of your legal process;
- Be issued on law enforcement letterhead.
Law enforcement and government requests for user information may be submitted through our Law Enforcement and Subpoena Requests form. You can find further instructions below.
Unless otherwise agreed upon, we currently provide responsive records in electronic format (i.e., text files that can be opened with any word processing software such as Word or TextEdit, .png or .jpeg files, Excel or .csv files, or .pdf files).
Indiegogo may seek reimbursement for costs associated with information produced pursuant to legal process and as permitted by law (e.g. under 18 U.S.C. §2706).
All legal requests, including preservations and requests for account or transactional information, may be submitted via Indiegogo's Law Enforcement and Subpoena Requests form available here.
If you experience issues with our Legal Request Submissions form, you may contact us at the below address or through the general contact form found here.
Receipt of correspondence by this means is for convenience only and does not waive any objections, including the lack of jurisdiction or proper service.
Other general inquiries from law enforcement or government officials can be submitted through the general contact form found here.
Non-law enforcement requests should be submitted through our contact form.
For service of process
Corporation Service Company
2710 Gateway Oaks Drive, Suite 150N
Sacramento, California 95833-3502
Attention: Indiegogo, Inc. - Subpoena
c/o Legal Department
2261 Market Street #4731
San Francisco, CA 94114
Receipt of correspondence by any of these means is for convenience only and does not waive any objections, including the lack of jurisdiction or proper service.