Indiegogo is committed to the protection of backers on our site and with the goal of avoiding COVID-19 hysteria or misinformation, we’re placing temporary and permanent bans on the promotion of certain types of perks on the Indiegogo marketing channels.
We will continually monitor the COVID-19 pandemic and adjust our policies in response to the pandemic. Our first priority is the safety of our community.
Claims, including those in external links on the campaign page, are what our team will take a look at in evaluating promotions. As a reminder all claims made on campaign pages must be accurate, have demonstrable proof of its validity, and comply with regulations from the Federal Trade Commission.
Able to promote with temporary restrictions:
Campaigns that wish to be promoted on Indiegogo’s marketing channels and have perks that fall under the following restrictions may be asked to provide additional proof of concept or ability to fulfill, such as molds, bill of materials, factory documents, and may be submitted to an Independent Review Board before being cleared for promotion. Please discuss with your Indiegogo contact for more information.
- Non-medical mask campaigns: Non-medical masks are all masks or face coverings that do not fit under the definition of medical masks, found below. An example of a non-medical mask could be handmade face coverings made out of household fabric like cotton or denim.
- Campaigns with sterilization or disinfection capabilities: Perks with commonly accepted sterilization or disinfection technology or methodology, such as UV light.
- Campaigns that offer hand sanitizer as a perk or alongside a perk.
Temporarily banned from promotion:
- Medical face mask campaigns: This includes masks used by health professionals for the protection or prevention of illness or disease, like surgical masks, procedure masks, N95, P2, DS2, DL2, KF94, N99, FFP2, or other masks that claim health or preventative means. This also includes campaigns that include text or other components that allude to medical or health capabilities, or that claim to filter particulates (including infectious particulates), provide respiratory protection, or disease or illness prevention in any way.
Permanently banned from promotion:
- COVID-19 vaccines
- COVID-19 test kits
The following applies to any type of content on the campaign page or related ads, including copy, images, videos, etc. Final approval will be at the sole discretion of the Indiegogo marketing team.
- Content related to COVID-19 that uses the public health crisis to drive a sense of urgency or incite fear. For example, “Keep your family safe from COVID by backing our campaign.”
- Content that states, implies or exaggerates prevention or cure of any illness or disease. For example, “Our masks guarantee your protection against illnesses.”