Backers may request a refund from Indiegogo before the end of a Fixed or Flexible Funding campaign to which they have contributed. For campaigns that have entered the InDemand program, backers may request a refund from Indiegogo within 10 days of the transaction.
When are contributions not eligible for a refund?
Contributions cannot be refunded by Indiegogo, if any of the following are true:
- The contribution funds have already been transferred to the campaign owner
- The campaign has ended
- The perk associated with the contribution has been fulfilled
I’m eligible for a refund. How do I request one?
You can initiate a refund directly from your confirmation email or Indiegogo account. To request a refund, please follow these steps. Refunds will be issued based on the payment method used to make the contribution, and may take up to 5 business days to appear on your statement.
I’m not eligible for a refund but I want one. What do I do?
For campaigns that have ended or where the funds have already been sent to the campaign owner, backers should contact the campaign owner directly regarding refunds.
What happens if I canceled the credit card I used to make my original contribution? How will I get my refund?
Your refunded contribution will still get sent back to your original credit card's issuing bank without issue. The issuing bank will determine how to get the funds to you:
- If there is a balance owed on the card, it offsets the balance.
- If you opened up a different card, the issuer usually transfers the credit to the new account.
- Sometimes the issuer will cut a check to the customer.
- Regardless of which way the issuing bank handles this, the card issuer will handle reimbursing the backer. We recommend reaching out to your issuing bank if you have any questions about how you will be receiving a refund sent to your canceled credit card.
I’m a campaign owner. Can I refund backers when they ask?
Please see here for instructions on how to refund individual backers to your campaign while it is in progress. Please note, we are unable to cancel your campaign or issue mass refunds for any campaign that has raised funds. All campaigns that have raised funds must be kept live in order to preserve your campaign information and backer details.