Creating a profile on Indiegogo is the first step for a Backer to manage your contributions and communicating with Campaigners, or for people interested in creating a campaign on Indiegogo.
To create a new profile in Indiegogo:
- Go to the Indiegogo homepage
- Click Sign Up in the upper right hand corner, left of the search bar
- You can continue by filling out an email address and password, or by connecting using Facebook Connect.
- To continue by creating an email address and password, enter:
- Your email address and confirmation
- Your desired password and confirmation (at least six character long)
- Click Create Account
- To connect using your Facebook account and skip the signup form. Just click the button and:
- Enter your Facebook user name
- Enter your email address
- Click Allow Access
Once you have successfully signed up, we’ll send a confirmation email to the email address you provided.
Note: If you have made a contribution in the past, a profile has already been created for you using the email address provided. If you need to access the account, you may need to reset your password
Completing your profile
We highly recommend you spend some time filling out your Profile- including your name and location, Your Story, your Profile Image and Avatar, and your "Outside Links" (links to your Website, Facebook, Twitter etc.).
It's particularly important for Campaigners and Campaign Team Members to ensure that their profile is complete and thorough! You and your team members will appear under the 'About' link on your campaign page (located to the right of your main pitch image/video) and this information is populated from your Indiegogo Profile.
Information about the Campaigner and Team, their background, and supporting links are all important aspects that Backers review when evaluating your campaign. Learn More.