Indiegogo provides each campaign with a set of Share Tools to help you spread the word about. The Share Tools can be used by the Campaign Owner as well as Contributors and they are located in the toolbar next to the campaign's Pitch image or video.
The Share box will appear only after a campaign is live, not while a campaign is still in Draft mode.
How To Use Share Tools
The above tools are explained, from left to right:
- Heart "Follow" - For visitors with Indiegogo accounts to follow the campaign to receive email updates posted by the campaign team
- Facebook- Share the campaign through your Facebook page
- Twitter - Tweet the campaign out to your followers
- Email -A tool available only to the Campaigner which allows you to send a direct email from Indiegogo to your email list
- Link - Copy the campaign URL and paste it into an email, social media update, or wherever else you'd like to share it
- Embed - A Campaigner-Only Tool that allows you to add a widget to your blog or personal website. Click Embed and then copy and paste the widget code.
If you use any of these share tools while you are logged in, Indiegogo can keep track of all the people who visit the campaign through the shared link. These are the tools you should use when running or participating in a referral contest.
For More Ideas on how to share your campaign:
- Email Outreach
- Promote your Campaign with Social Media
- How to Share A Campaign Offline: 10 Ways to Promote Your Indiegogo Project Offline
- Creating an online crowdfunding campaign typically means that your primary outreach will be based online. That said, however, offline strategies toward sharing your campaign can be just as important as your online strategies.