You can have multiple campaigns for the same project! Many campaign owners with big budgets find it easier to break their goal down into small chunks. For instance, a film project might have separate campaigns for filming, production, post-production, distribution... etc.
Please note, you are obligated to fulfill the promises of your first campaign and we recommend you do so before you run a second project.
- You will need to be in good standing with Indiegogo before your second project, and fulfilling perks goes a long way there.
- Fulfilling perks also helps you ensure your backers are happy and you've met your promises you've made to them. Happy Backers are more likely to support your second project, and help you spread the word, than backers who are not pleased because they haven't received their perk.
How to Launch a Follow Up Campaign
- While you cannot re-use the same campaign twice, you can create a new campaign for the same project! We recommend using a similar title as your old one. E.g. "Campaign XYZ Part Two"
- In your Pitch, refer and link to the old campaign, with some information about what the funds were used for. For example, "Thanks to everyone who contributed to our project in Round 1. Your contributions helped us....[fill in the blank]."
- Make sure to describe how the NEW campaign will build on the old one. Why do you need the additional funding? What is the new project timeline?
- On your OLD Campaign page, send an update to let everyone know that the project has been re-launched. Make sure to include a link to the new campaign.
- Once your new campaign is live, it is a good idea to post an update on your old campaign. Use this update to tell contributors to your old campaign the status of your project, announce that your new campaign is live (be sure to include a link), and encourage your existing contributors to contribute to the new campaign, and help you spread the word.
Here are a few great examples of campaigns that ran an original and follow up campaign. Take a look and see what they did well and how they engaged their audiences to come back a second time!
- ALTER EGO: Personal Water Filtration and Alter Ego part 2: pick a color and hydrate the world!
- Flake & Flames - Kustom Kulture Documentary, Flake & Flames - Post Production, and FLAKE & FLAMES OVERDRIVE: Kustom Kulture galore!
- Help the Iberian Wolf and Last Push to Save the Iberian Wolf Recovery Centre
Good luck with the next phase of your project!